Posted by Beth on 12/22/2010
Wearing black can be a blessing or a curse. It can look great, or really boring and bland. To get it right, start by selecting black pieces in different textures of velvet, stretch cotton, and embellished sequins that are all smooth and bulk free. When done well, the monochromatic look of black from head to toe gives you an overall chic look like no other.
- Pair a deep v-neck velvet blazer over a scoop neck tee to create a longer upper torso. If you have a little pooch, keep the jacket opened to conceal any rolls or bulging.
- Go for a long necklace that creates a an elegant neck line.
- Go with skinny hoop earrings. The skinnier the better.
- A slim stretch black pencil skirt hugs your hips and sucks in your gut with a fitted bandage waistband.
- An easy rule to live by: black opaque tights paired with pointy toe black pumps make your legs look long and fit even when you've skipped the gym and eaten like crazy for weeks.
- Go for a little holiday lipo with a pair of high-waist slimming "tight end" tights by Spanx.
Rosina Harlem Date 12/22/2010 10:46:16 AM
Love it! See you after the holidays.